• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

went AWOL 10 years ago wanting to go back in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CBCARR

Hi,

So i went AWOL 10 years ago and was discharged at a PCF facility and i was still in AIT at the time. The reason i went AWOL at the time i was 17 and stupid. Also my mom was dying of cancer and my Captain wouldn't sign for my leave at the time. Well i was seeing if it is a possibilty i could still get back in and join the Army guard or active? i was discharged early of 2008.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Hi,

So i went AWOL 10 years ago and was discharged at a PCF facility and i was still in AIT at the time. The reason i went AWOL at the time i was 17 and stupid. Also my mom was dying of cancer and my Captain wouldn't sign for my leave at the time. Well i was seeing if it is a possibilty i could still get back in and join the Army guard or active? i was discharged early of 2008.
I’d be surprised if the army would take you again at age 27 and with a history already of being AWOL. But you can go to an army recruiter and ask. The army is, after all, the organization that can best answer your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">