• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Went to Court UPDATE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethdetroit

What is the name of your state? MI

Well we went to court and we got basicly what we wanted.
The mom did not show up as we had guessed would happen.
The Referee recomended our case to go directly in front of the Judge. Which is good.
The Referee felt there was enough proof in our allegations to warrent a change in custody. But there will be a investigation done by FOC. To determine what kind of custody and visitation.
We asked for a order demanding the mom show up to court. But the Referee did one better. He decided to recomend the mom be held in contempt of court for the second time and she has a show cause hearing for next month. In front of the Judge.

So now we wait and go thru with the investigaton. And see what happens with the show cause hearing for her. Oh we found out she is not working for her father but is working at a restaurant.

And that is about it.

Has anyone had any experiences with custody investigation?
If so what are they and what should we expect?

Thanks, Beth

Oh we picked a name for our baby. It will be Kylee Anne. It is Australian and Irish. It means Boomerang and Good looking.

Last edited:

Grace_Adler

Congratulations again! Hope things continue to work out for you guys. I think that is a very pretty name.. I mean it. I like it alot. :D

I'm sorry, I don't have any helpful information about the custody.

N

njmom

just me.....

Just wanted to let you know that if it's the type of investigation I am thinking about, they go to both parents dwellings, and make reports. I have had this done before, actually my attorney requested one, since my ex was claiming that he could provide for them much better, so my attorney requested an investigation. I don't know if this is the same type of investigation, however, if it is they make a report of their findings, such as running water, adequate space for the children, food in the refrigerator, utilities and things of that matter. I think usually this is done if you are going to have a trial, which I was granted a plenary hearing and it would have taken months and many of thousands of dollars, but he finally gave my children back to me. Has there been any mention of a plenary hearing in your matter?
Again.....Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">