• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WFS Finance Vehicle Collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skullomania

What is the name of your state? Virginia

After the truck was collected I received a letter stating the cost of collection with fees tallied and the total cost of the vehicle. Also it stated that they were going to sell the vehicle and that need to sign a date the form and send it back. I never sent in the paper work however I received another letter several weeks later stating that they sold the truck and amount money that left over for me to pay.

Now I am receiving different answers on what to do about this problem. Some stating that I don't have to do anything, or some state that because I didn't sign any paper work not to worry about it the truck collection. However I like a more firm answer to this problem. :confused:

R

Rainaraines

As long as they send the letter to you, they can sell the vehicle. You don't have to sign it and send it back. It is totally legal. Was this the only question you had? It looks like you were looking for something else, but I'm not sure. :eek:

Ladynred

They sent you a statement of the deficiency amount you now owe. If you don't pay it, they will sic the collection dogs after you and if its a lot of money, you will likely be sued. Banks don't like to wait for their money.

Doing nothing isn't going to release you from the debt, one way or the other, you'll end up paying - unless you file bankruptcy. I would definitely worry about it !

S

skullomania

Thanks For Quick Response

Thank you for answer my question. You like fourth or fifth person I talked to about this problem. I thought the debt was my responsiblity but trying to tell certain people in my family about that was starting to drive me nuts. :p

I am with non-profit CCCS program now, I will just add this to it. Again thanks for answers.

Skullomania

* Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car. *

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">