• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what a mess in Georgia!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Can this be handled from state I am residing in now, or will I have to go to Georgia, have a nice stay in jail, etc. while this gets thrown out. I have already spoken with several attorneys - all advising me to retain an attorney. I have been charged with theft by conversion, falsely, I have all contracts/agreements to verify there was no "theft" much less by conversion. I am not in Georgia, had to leave about 2 weeks before all of this came up in order to find a job because my company was out of business. Don't intend to file bankruptcy but may be unavoidable now. I get the impression that the only way to clear this up is for me to go to Georgia, etc. However, I have notarized documents, notes from diary (kept as records of phone calls, people spoken to, etc.)
And when this does get cleared up - motion to dismiss? - will I have to return to Georgia to sue this guy for false charges, etc? I am in limbo right now, trying to find employment and not sure whether I should go ahead and get a job or just turn myself in and let the DA and lawyers sort it out. I will be the guest of the County jail during the time it takes to sort out and I really wouldn't mind the rest... :) I am really frustrated.


mary ray

You'll need to be a bit more specific in explaining the circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential