• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What a mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmscott

What is the name of your state? CA

My father passed away earlier this year. I live out of state. His sister lives within 2 hours of where he did. I was the executor and sole heir of his estate originally but three years ago he changed it so that his sister is the beneficiary and her daughter the executor. She intentionally isolated me from my father and would not give me his new phone number which was unlisted nor her daughter's phone number. In fact she lied about even having it although she called him at least once a week by her own admission.

Can I make a case for undue influence to protest the will or not?

This is a very large estate.

seniorjudge

Q: Can I make a case for undue influence to protest the will or not?

A: No one here can answer that since you did not give us any facts. But what you should do is hire a lawyer and have that lawyer evaluate your case. Will contest statutes of limitation are notoriously short.

So get started.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">