• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What about insurance taking money but providing no coverage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Art Therapist

What is the name of your state? VA

I was wondering if there was any law or policy to back up my case. I am a civilian in the government and I subscribed for self-only coverage within the first 60 days of employment with a Federal Employee Health Benefits Insurance Provider. I had not received my insurance card for 2 months afterwards and started asking questions. To make a long story short, after 4 months of calling and letter writing, I was told that I was not enrolled because I am still under my husband's family plan, and though he was planning to change to individual as soon as I was covered under my own, I just now was informed from a letter last week that I couldn't be enrolled until my husband dropped me from the family and he went back to individual coverage for himself. The problem with this is that nearly $300 has been taken from my paycheck thus far for my individual insurance plan, yet they admitted in writing that I could not and did not have coverage during this time. Is there a legal recourse I can take, such as quote a law about this being an illegal practice of taking payment for services not rendered? I am asking for reimbursement, and I thought a law that I could quote might bolster my case should think of giving me trouble or refusing to reimburse. Any help would be appreciated.

Art Therapist :( :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">