• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What About The Boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbog12

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I worked for company "A" about seven years ago. During the time, I filed several EO complaints against two people (to include the head of HR). I was placed on probation for one year. After 10 months of flawless work, I was terminated for a mistake made by another employee.

I went to work for company "B" and have been employed for over five years. While with company "B", I was "Employee of the Year" and over the year, I have received the highest merit pay raises and evaluation one can receive. During my tenure, company "A" was bought out and merged with company "B".

I applied for a transfer and went through an interview. I was told I had the position and my personnel record would be transferred to another location. My request ended up falling on the desk of one of the people who I made and EEO complaint against (HR person). This person was kept on as HR after the merger. I would not be working for this person and their only association with me would be maintaining/holding my company personnel record. Company "B" was not aware of my prior EEO activities or the problems I had with this person.

After a few days of waiting to find out when I would start working, I got a call from the previous HR. All she wanted to talk about were my EEO activities with company "A". She did not ask a single question about my perform with the current company (company "B"). After two phone conversations, this HR told me my request for a transfer would not be approved because of a "conflict of interest". I asked, "What conflict"? The best I could get out of her was "although company "B" bought us out that site still belongs to company "A" and your work history with company "B" has no bearing on you working there" (I have this on tape). The funny thing here is the sign on the door has company "B's" name and logo.

I am pursuing this matter with the corporate HR office, but can this HR person be sue in civil court?

gbog12

In my opinion, this person brought a protected action from one company into another company. She also passed this info onto a new supervisor who has now withdrawn a job offer based on her representation of me. The retaliation of her actions is clear; I was harm and denied employment by her actions. Company "B" had no knowledge of my previous EEO actions until she brought them in the Company. This woman has cost me one job in the past and now another job. When does this stop. I feel this is personal because I will not work for her nor will I have any contact with her. This HR works in another State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">