• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What actions do I have for lawyer malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Florida

What actions do I have for lawyer malpractice?

My lawyer filed a motion with the judge asking to find in favor of my opponent.

I'm not sure if he was so disinterested in my case, that he forgot which side he was one or if it was done deliberately in order to sabotage my case.

I also asked him for 8 months to file a paperwork but he said he did not want to hurt the other side. I then decided not to work with him anymore and switched to another attorney in the same firm. He then crashed the conference calls in order to defend the other side and prevent them from filing the paper.

I feel like this attorney should be disbarred or at least sanctioned for their actions. The people I'm using are high profile and connected so maybe he is trying to get on their good side.

doucar

1. You file a complaint with the Florida State Bar.
2. You contact a legal malpractice attorney, take all your documentation with you and see if you have a case against the first lawyer.

quincy

Florida

What actions do I have for lawyer malpractice?

My lawyer filed a motion with the judge asking to find in favor of my opponent.

I'm not sure if he was so disinterested in my case, that he forgot which side he was one or if it was done deliberately in order to sabotage my case.

I also asked him for 8 months to file a paperwork but he said he did not want to hurt the other side. I then decided not to work with him anymore and switched to another attorney in the same firm. He then crashed the conference calls in order to defend the other side and prevent them from filing the paper.

I feel like this attorney should be disbarred or at least sanctioned for their actions. The people I'm using are high profile and connected so maybe he is trying to get on their good side.
Have you spoken to your attorney about his conduct, so he could offer you an explanation for his actions?

That is generally the recommended first step to take.

Here is a link to a consumer pamphlet published by the Florida Bar on how to handle complaints about attorneys:

https://www.floridabar.org/public/consumer/pamphlet020/

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">