• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what age difference is considered illegal for sex between teens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparkett6419

I live in Texas. My son met a young lady when he was 151/2 yrs old she was 17 yrs. old with a child and had been amacipated in California. I tried to keep them apart but lets say I lost and she got pregnant she ran away to California and had baby. She didn't put him on birth certificate. She came back when baby was 4mths old i PAID FOR PATERNITY TEST thinking proof would give him rights. After she came back son and her had brief time together he refused to go to school and hung out at her apartment. They broke up and shge ran to oregon we couldn't find her for 4mths my son has alot of issues over all this and depression. She called homeless and came back I have paid for 3 apartments helped her get jobs etc she just wants to live off welfare and money son pays her.She lived in texas 3yrs we became really attached to baby they filled out legal form about visitation and monthly support but never filed it. Now we are told he can do nothing my question is i didn't know back then i could file on her because he was so young police acted like no big deal. cps had investigated her the first time she was here so she ran away then, but cps said they don't chase from other states. Can we do anything? her garndfather told me he heard they are living in a ratty motel there in california.

Happy Trails

sparkett6419 said:
I live in Texas. My son met a young lady when he was 151/2 yrs old she was 17 yrs. old with a child and had been amacipated in California. I tried to keep them apart but lets say I lost and she got pregnant she ran away to California and had baby. She didn't put him on birth certificate. She came back when baby was 4mths old i PAID FOR PATERNITY TEST thinking proof would give him rights. After she came back son and her had brief time together he refused to go to school and hung out at her apartment. They broke up and shge ran to oregon we couldn't find her for 4mths my son has alot of issues over all this and depression. She called homeless and came back I have paid for 3 apartments helped her get jobs etc she just wants to live off welfare and money son pays her.She lived in texas 3yrs we became really attached to baby they filled out legal form about visitation and monthly support but never filed it. Now we are told he can do nothing my question is i didn't know back then i could file on her because he was so young police acted like no big deal. cps had investigated her the first time she was here so she ran away then, but cps said they don't chase from other states. Can we do anything? her garndfather told me he heard they are living in a ratty motel there in california.
From the Texas statutes:

§ 21.11. INDECENCY WITH A CHILD. (a) A person commits an offense if, with a child younger than 17 years and not the person's spouse, whether the child is of the same or opposite sex, the person:
(1) engages in sexual contact with the child or causes
the child to engage in sexual contact; or
(2) with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire
of any person:
(A) exposes the person's anus or any part of the
person's genitals, knowing the child is present; or
(B) causes the child to expose the child's anus
or any part of the child's genitals.
(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor:
(1) was not more than three years older than the victim
and of the opposite sex;

(2) did not use duress, force, or a threat against the
victim at the time of the offense; and
(3) at the time of the offense:
(A) was not required under Chapter 62, Code of
Criminal Procedure, to register for life as a sex offender; or
(B) was not a person who under Chapter 62 had a
reportable conviction or adjudication for an offense under this
section.
(c) In this section, "sexual contact" means the following
acts, if committed with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual
desire of any person:
(1) any touching by a person, including touching
through clothing, of the anus, breast, or any part of the genitals
of a child; or
(2) any touching of any part of the body of a child,
including touching through clothing, with the anus, breast, or any
part of the genitals of a person.
(d) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a felony of the
second degree and an offense under Subsection (a)(2) is a felony of
the third degree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">