• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are clients and attorneys privelages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hound dog

What are clients and attorneys privileges?

What is the name of your state? tx
I got custody of my twins one decided to go back and live with her mother. I have always paid child support. In our order we agreed that there will be no child support exchanged I had two she had one. Well one decided to go back to live with her mother and the papers were final on Sept 10th she called up my lawyer today and was screaming and hollaring about she has two now and she wants child support. She told our attorney that we will be hearing from her attorney.. Can our Attorney give out our home address and phone number? or is that confidental? I do not see how she justify her not paying for the twins when I was going to have them and she makes more than me. So what are her chances in changing the order ? My attorney told me that it was not a big circumtance to change the order b.c we had joint custody and it states in the order that each party to shall provide for the minor children while the children are in his or her custody.
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

N

nobodyimportant

HD

although you two had an arrangement with no CS exchanged with you having two and her having one, having a child change residences would be considered a change enough to justify at least reviewing the situation.

She can and I am sure WILL take you to court. Just because you were willing to take the twins without CS for bearing the burden of a child more than her doesn't mean that she would agree to the same. Looks like you have trouble ahead.

As far as releasing your information I would think that your lawyer can only release that to those that you agree to know that info or those that already are aware of it.

Good luck

H

hound dog

:eek: Don't you think the judge will see through her? It is so obvious that she did not want to support her children when I had them. That was the only agreement she will agree to was her not paying me child support. That has to count for something!

N

nobodyimportant

Yes the judge will take that into consideration. BUT...it sounds like you made an agreement outside the CS guidlines for your state. Am I right? You so wanted your children you were willing to give up the support am I right? That is very admirable and if the battle was over custody, that would weigh heavily. BUT this is about CS.

I know you said that your custody says joint and each will pay for children under care....but did it mention you having the twins and her having the other child? If it did, then there has been a significant change in having a child change residences. She can now have CS reviewed, and although you had prior agreements since the child residency has changed that is now mute. She can now request the state guidlines for support and whatever that is have that be set. Since she makes more, it may mean nothing to you. I would use a state support calculator to see what it would be.

H

hound dog

Thank you I will be requesting CS from her as well. I just would like to see her justify to a judge that she did not want to support her kids when I had them but once she gets one more than me she screams CS. I think it is so double standard And she calls me a no good @#$# I mean it is crazy. I have no problem paying CS to her I have always. I cannot believe that she thinks I will not go after her for support. She will file in Ga I will file in TX . I do not think it has dawn on her that she will have to pay me support:D Things may change once she goes to a lawyer and that is what he will tell her and besides she knew about these papers and that one of the gilrs were coming back for about 30days now she had plenty of time to dispute the papers. We also discussed what happens if one decideds to go back and her and her husband said it would be no different. So of course they go back on their word b.c they were hoping to get rid of both.She did not start this until the final ones were sent. Go Figure! She is kind of alot of talk so the question is will she get a lawyer? I guess we will see.... Thanks for you r reply.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">