• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my options ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
i'am a tourist in new york, and i was arrested for stealing lip stick from sephora and i am gonna see the judge. i wanna ask if this arrest will be marked in USA database and if it will be a problem when i will come to usa in the next time (they refuse my entrance in the airport) ? and what are my options with the judge (ticket or any thing else ?)
best regards


Senior Member
Get a lawyer. Why should we let your turpitudinous posterior back into the country if you can't behave yourself?


Senior Member
If you read the purpose of a visitor visa, you will clearly see it is not so that you can steal anything that will fit in your baggage. I do not foresee another visa being issued to you for visitation.


A single conviction of a crime of moral turpitude within five years of admission makes one inadmissible under section 212 of the INA. There is a petty offense exception that may apply depending on the law with which one is convicted.

Pleading guilty constitutes a conviction.

You need a criminal defense attorney familiar with the immigration consequences of a New York shoplifting charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential