• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Are My Options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Was arrested for Sexual Misconduct W/ Minor. Accused of fathering a baby with someone who tried to take my belongings and I stopped her from doing so resulting in this case.
After a DNA test to confirm the rape kit and baby she accused me of fathering I was proven "innocent" but continued to have to fight. A year later I agreed to a plea of criminal confinement since I did stop her from leaving and taking possessions valued over $2,000. They still asked me to register and having a newborn baby and a wife the stress was unbearable so I signed my life away. When I served my time on the confinement I was released and told to register. Never signed a interstate compact to transfer it to New York. When I got here I went to the police station to registered and they laughed and said I couldn't register under that offense. Now Indiana is gunning for me and I'm complying the best I can but at this point they want me. New York won't arrest me and won't comply with Indiana. What are my options? Do I have any?

quincy

Ahh. That certainly makes more sense than requiring sex offender registration, which is what came to my mind with the word “register.”

There must be a transfer of probation/parole approved by both Indiana and New York before a probationer/parolee can move out of state.

Everyone is telling me that and even the first arrest was odd i'm currently suing for false incarceration provided i didn't have an arrest warrant the first time and I was extradited there and supposedly "turned" myself in. Thanks for the help I think I'll seek console but no one believes the paperwork when I show them and Indiana won't give information up so I'm in a pickle

FlyingRon

I'm confused about what "interstate compact" you're talking about. Your story doesn't make any legal sense. Get an attorney involved.
The chances you are going to sue someone is low and even if it were possible, you're not winning anything.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I'm confused about what "interstate compact" you're talking about. Your story doesn't make any legal sense. Get an attorney involved.
The chances you are going to sue someone is low and even if it were possible, you're not winning anything.
It may be the federal Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA), which among other things provides rules for sex offender registration when a person subject to registration in one state moves to another, that the OP has in mind.

quincy

It may be the federal Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA), which among other things provides rules for sex offender registration when a person subject to registration in one state moves to another, that the OP has in mind.
That was what I thought KnowledgeIsPower was talking about originally.

If the offense on which he was convicted was a Level 5 felony that included “confinement” of a minor child under the age of 14 who was not his own child, it is a registrable offense (non-parental false imprisonment).

I question why he was allowed to leave Indiana before registering, why he was released without supervision, and why New York is questioning registration.

A lot that puzzles me. :)

KnowledgeIsPower really needs to locate an attorney to assist him before he is arrested again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">