• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my Rights? (TN)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DocMc

What is the name of your state?Tennessee

I purchased a used car from a local dealer 2 weeks ago with an "as is warranty" ($4700 for a '98 Isuzu Trooper with 120K miles). That evening I had to take it in (to a body shop where my son worked this summer) as it was over heating. They looked it over and replaced the coolant. A couple days later with the same problem (overheating) and some engine flutter my son took it by AutoZone, where they hooked it up to their computer and said we had a fuel system problem. We replaced the air filter and fuel filter. The problems persisted. We took it back to the body shop a couple days later where they kept for a couple days relacing plugs and more coolant. They suggested we take it to Isuzu and get them to put it on their computer... which we did. The Isuzu computer said the #3 cylinder head was cracked. The Isuzu supervisor stated the coolant was being lost into the cylinder and was unsafe to drive. It would be $3000 to repair or $5 -10,000 to replace the engine. He suggested the problem had been there for a while as it takes time for the coolant to collect in the cylinder like that and could have been cleared by removing the plug and blowing out the cylinder to make it appear to run correctly. What legal rights do I have? What should I do next? Even with an "as is" waranty it is not usable and the dealer should be held accountable in some manner. Since I only found all this out yesterday and this is a Labor day weekend I have yet to confront the dealer yet. PLEASE HELP!
Many thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">