• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nynex411

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband of forty years has become a disgusting drunk in the last 3 years. I can't live like this anymore. Rather than throw him out (he is not abusive) or leave myself I decided to live on opposite sides of our house. He got very defensive and is threatening to sell the house which is in both our names. I do NOT want to leave this house. My question is this: can he sell the house without my signature?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

LdiJ

nynex411 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband of forty years has become a disgusting drunk in the last 3 years. I can't live like this anymore. Rather than throw him out (he is not abusive) or leave myself I decided to live on opposite sides of our house. He got very defensive and is threatening to sell the house which is in both our names. I do NOT want to leave this house. My question is this: can he sell the house without my signature?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
No, he can't sell the house without your signature. He can't even put it on the market without your signature.

Stick to your guns. Maybe your actions will cause him to get some help for his problems. At his age the alcoholism can be particularly dangerous for his health.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">