• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janellekhall

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
My son's girlfriend is pregnant and due in November. First, is that there are some serious doubts on our part that this child is even his. She had a miscarriage in January and started seeing my son on February 14th and conceived on the 18th. The window is very narrow for this child to be his. She has lost her daughter twice to child protective services and has relinguished her rights to the daughter. Supposingly, child protective services has threatened to take this new baby away also. She is currently here trying to get custody of the daughter back from the court. The guardian ad-litem gave me the song and dance that the child was taken because she is blond haired and blue eyed and highly adoptable. Believe me I don't believe this for one minute. I tried to find out why she lost custody but because the child is 4 and a minor I can't find anything. Police confirmed there was a report but I wasn't able to get it. Of course, child protective services can't tell me anything. My question is: If this new baby is my son's what rights do I have to see her and can the biological mother stop us from seeing her. Do we have any grandparent's rights in this situation. Personally, I think the girl is a conniving con artist but that is beside the point. I have to admit without all the information I am concerned for this new baby regardless of who is the father.

LdiJ

janellekhall said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
My son's girlfriend is pregnant and due in November. First, is that there are some serious doubts on our part that this child is even his. She had a miscarriage in January and started seeing my son on February 14th and conceived on the 18th. The window is very narrow for this child to be his. She has lost her daughter twice to child protective services and has relinguished her rights to the daughter. Supposingly, child protective services has threatened to take this new baby away also. She is currently here trying to get custody of the daughter back from the court. The guardian ad-litem gave me the song and dance that the child was taken because she is blond haired and blue eyed and highly adoptable. Believe me I don't believe this for one minute. I tried to find out why she lost custody but because the child is 4 and a minor I can't find anything. Police confirmed there was a report but I wasn't able to get it. Of course, child protective services can't tell me anything. My question is: If this new baby is my son's what rights do I have to see her and can the biological mother stop us from seeing her. Do we have any grandparent's rights in this situation. Personally, I think the girl is a conniving con artist but that is beside the point. I have to admit without all the information I am concerned for this new baby regardless of who is the father.
You have no rights at all. If a DNA test demonstrates that your son in the father of the child, your son will have rights. His rights however will not be enforceable until he files for visitation/custody and gets enforceable court orders.

janellekhall

Grandparents Rights

LdiJ said:
You have no rights at all. If a DNA test demonstrates that your son in the father of the child, your son will have rights. His rights however will not be enforceable until he files for visitation/custody and gets enforceable court orders.

Do we have any rights if he marries her?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

janellekhall said:
Do we have any rights if he marries her?

My response:

The only "rights" you have is to kick the crap out of your son for choosing a "girlfriend" who's a Trailer Trash, Skanky, worthless, bitch.

What's wrong with your son, anyway? Does he have mental problems?

Are you all living in a single-wide trailer, yourselves?

IAAL

T

titansfan

you will never have any rights to grandchild

wether your son marries this girl or not, you will NEVER have any legal rights to this child-period.you might as well accept that fact.

Shay-Pari'e

titansfan said:
wether your son marries this girl or not, you will NEVER have any legal rights to this child-period.you might as well accept that fact.
Yep, just as Stealth said. Any new material Kelly? You must drive Stealth nuts.

T

titansfan

its all IAAL'S FAULT

i thought you knew stealth is already nuts-hes been hanging around iaal way too long-yes i blame it on iaal, he is a bad influence on the posters here

Shay-Pari'e

titansfan said:
i thought you knew stealth is already nuts-hes been hanging around iaal way too long-yes i blame it on iaal, he is a bad influence on the posters here
Stealth is a she, and girl,............you are the one missing a few in the brain department.Everyone on this forum knows this, you are just to stupid to notice.

Veronica1228

titansfan said:
I wish he would influence you to learn how to spell and construct a proper sentence. Surely, one of your 16 kids has a rudimentary English book that you can look through to correct this shortcoming.

As my friend Ladynred says: Knowledge is power!

T

titansfan

lwt your son work it out and myob

cps doesnt have to tell you anything regarding the 4 yr old-its none of your business.you arent a party to it, its strictly between the mother and cps.stay out of it, and let your son work it out, you can do nothing legally anyway.

Shay-Pari'e

titansfan
Member Join Date: Jun 2005

lwt your son work it out and myob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cps doesnt have to tell you anything regarding the 4 yr old-its none of your business.you arent a party to it, its strictly between the mother and cps.stay out of it, and let your son work it out, you can do nothing legally anyway.

What is this? "lwt your son work it out and myob" Lay off the booze Kelly, or cps might take away you twenty something kids. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">