• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the odds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcmeanashell

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

I have been charged with and plead guilty to 1 Felony count Forgery theft from elder and 1 felony county Excessive loss over 50,000. I live in another state, not the state where the charges are filed. I have been out on my own OR since January. In September I go to sentencing. I am preparing a letter to the judge, I have a letter prepared for the victim, I have received numerous letters of support, character reference and requests for lieniecy from friends, some are local government officials, I have no previous record, I have two young children, a good job, my income is needed to pay the rent and bills as my husband cannot do it alone. He would lose our rental home if I were incarcerated. I have 15,000 to give to the victim at the time of sentencing and could make monthly payments towards restitution if I do not go to jail (I would lose my job). I am an active member of a local church, I am seeking counseling to help me understand why I took money from this man because it was an act that goes against everything I believe in and I cannot understand why I put on blinders and continued to take the money. I work for Volunteers of America and am currently assisting Alzhiemers patients and Dementia Patients. What is the likelyhood the judge would consider probation and restitution? Is it a mistake to beg for his mercy in a lienient sentence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">