• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What business type should I set up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPTiger1

Hi,
I have published my first novel on Amazon/Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and have signed up for KDP Select to expand into multiple markets. One of it’s advantages is that it allows bookstores, retailers (grocers and pharmacies), libraries, etc. to order my books at a discount to offer in their stores. I am directly marketing to many of these businesses with promotional materials. Some of these retailers I have been able to directly approach, while others state that I must first register with RangeMe. According to their website "RangeMe is the leading product discovery and sourcing platform where retailers and suppliers discover, connect, and grow their business." When I try to register with RangeMe, the platform insists that I enter a company name.

If I need to create a business name simply to register, what type of business (an LLC, a DBA, or some other type) should I start in order to reach these additional retailers?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

SAPTiger1

Last edited:

Just Blue

Your posting violates the TOS of this site. Once the personal info and commercial information has been edited out Admin will return the post for viewing.

quincy

Hi,
I have published my first novel on Amazon/Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and have signed up for KDP Select to expand into multiple markets. One of it’s advantages is that it allows bookstores, retailers (grocers and pharmacies), libraries, etc. to order my books at a discount to offer in their stores. I am directly marketing to many of these businesses with promotional materials. Some of these retailers I have been able to directly approach, while others state that I must first register with RangeMe. According to their website "RangeMe is the leading product discovery and sourcing platform where retailers and suppliers discover, connect, and grow their business." When I try to register with RangeMe, the platform insists that I enter a company name.

If I need to create a business name simply to register, what type of business (an LLC, a DBA, or some other type) should I start in order to reach these additional retailers?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

SAPTiger1
An LLC would seem to work for your purposes.

What is the name of your state?

PayrollHRGuy

Not responding to your question but some information to help you.

You might want to look into the need for RangeMe in more detail. I can tell you that it isn't as necessary as you think. It is certainly not a hub of publishing work. It is simply an advertising site for suppliers to show off products to buyers and then provide the supplier's information to them.

I'm curious what company told you must go through RangeMe?

quincy

... I'm curious what company told you must go through RangeMe?
I am going to hazard a guess here and say RangeMe told SAPTiger to go through RangeMe ... and to advertise it on the internet in as many places as possible. ;)

Links were removed.

Last edited:

quincy

No one here can intelligently answer this question with anything other than a recommendation that you consult with a local attorney.
Although an attorney could be consulted, an attorney is not necessarily necessary. If SAP had given a state name, state business resources could be offered.

SAPTiger1

Not responding to your question but some information to help you.

You might want to look into the need for RangeMe in more detail. I can tell you that it isn't as necessary as you think. It is certainly not a hub of publishing work. It is simply an advertising site for suppliers to show off products to buyers and then provide the supplier's information to them.

I'm curious what company told you must go through RangeMe?
When I tried to register on RangeMe there was a field for a company name. I tried to leave the field blank, but the platform would not let me proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">