• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do about a mess a farmer made and now won't clean it up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please "Reply" to this thread to give more information about your matter. Thank you.

xylene

Contact the Indiana Department of Natural Resources

Explain your situation and then follow up.

Otherwise you will need to get a lawyer involved and sue the farmer for nuisance and/or damage to your property.

quincy

Contact the Indiana Department of Natural Resources

Explain your situation and then follow up.

Otherwise you will need to get a lawyer involved and sue the farmer for nuisance and/or damage to your property.
Although there is nothing that says there was damage to onerebel's property or any reason to assume there is a legal action to pursue based on the dearth of information. (;)), here is a link to the Indiana Business and Agriculture website:

https://www.in.gov/core/business.html

HRZ

Might help if OP responds with good information about the nature of problem.

i doubt the right to farm means one can stockpile 5000 tons of manure and allow it to flow onto my lands ...but who knows what's going on .here?

quincy

Yes. It would definitely help in providing an answer if there was actually a question. And some details would be nice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">