• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do about a suspicion of apartment neighbor's drug use?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPP

Thank you for your reply, quincy.
You reminded me I should think positive way. We have asked his help numerous times and it went nowhere. I have been very negative about everything. I'll just focus on plan B in case nothing happens instead of thinking negatively. :)

quincy

You reminded me I should think positive way. We have asked his help numerous times and it went nowhere. I have been very negative about everything. I'll just focus on plan B in case nothing happens instead of thinking negatively. :)
It know it is hard to believe that the manager will act now when he hasn't in the past ... but it appears the next move is his. You can wait to see what happens.

PAPP

I should keep thinking positively. In the meantime, we keep talking to residents when we have a chance. We found a few residents who share the same concern over the course of time. I talked to one of them, and they offered their help even though the recent issue doesn't affect them.

I finished a draft asking the city council members' help to improve the no smoking ordinance. My son encouraged me to do it because it's a positive contribution to our community which I didn't think that way. I'm still quite overwhelmed what I have to do, but just keep making one step at a time.

I really appreciate I have received not only good suggestions but also extra kindness. To answer someone's questions itself is kind. To give more than that is special. I also have received a lot of other things on the forum. I don't post anything besides my thread because I don't have any legal knowledge to offer, but I routinely visit the forum to educate myself. Thank you for everything!!

PAPP

Thank you for complimenting my son, quincy . I am very impressed with the American education which emphasizes the importance of contributing to the communities from an early stage of children's life. I think it is one of the great things in the US!

My SO came back from a two weeks long business trip and now I can use him. I'll keep doing whatever I could do to improve the situation. I hope I could do some nice update to you soon!!

PAPP

I appreciate it that Mod gave me an opportunity to update this thread.

Finally, the situation is getting better. A new manager came and he is tough on a smoke issue. When I reported smoke violations, he immediately responded and took action. It is so refreshing! In the past, even I reported violations with clear pictures to the former manager, nothing happened. I felt bad for the former manager because it seemed I pushed a button to get him fired, but I don't, now. Whatever reason, he hadn't done something he should have done over two years.

Changing the city's no smoking ordinance is not progressed. I asked around, but so far I couldn't find right people to connect with. Someone just gave me a name in the city attorney office to talk about it. I hope I could get an idea how to proceed it from that person. I keep doing whatever I can and hopefully it will happen someday, not so far away future.

I really appreciate all your help. Also, thank you for putting up with me. I had been very angry and frustrated about this issue. Every time something happened, I got very emotional and I couldn't think straight. Your responses gave me opportunities to calm myself down and to think what I need to do. Thank you again for taking time to reply to this thread!

Just Blue

Finally, the situation is getting better. A new manager came and he is tough on a smoke issue. When I reported smoke violations, he immediately responded and took action. It is so refreshing! In the past, even I reported violations with clear pictures to the former manager, nothing happened. I felt bad for the former manager because it seemed I pushed a button to get him fired, but I don't, now. Whatever reason, he hadn't done something he should have done over two years.

Changing the city's no smoking ordinance is not progressed. I asked around, but so far I couldn't find right people to connect with. Someone just gave me a name in the city attorney office to talk about it. I hope I could get an idea how to proceed it from that person. I keep doing whatever I can and hopefully it will happen someday, not so far away future.

I really appreciate all your help. Also, thank you for putting up with me. I had been very angry and frustrated about this issue. Every time something happened, I got very emotional and I couldn't think straight. Your responses gave me opportunities to calm myself down and to think what I need to do. Thank you again for taking time to reply to this thread!
Thank you for the update and what a very lovely Thank You!! :love:

quincy

We appreciate the update, PAPP, and we appreciate the thanks, so thank you.

It sounds as if you have a better chance of getting satisfactory results with the new manager. That is good news.

Thanks again for the update. And again I wish you good luck.

PAPP

Thank you for your kind words, Just Blue and quincy.

I'm happy I finally could do a nice update. When I asked questions here, I was upset and I babbled some non sense words. I really appreciate your taking time to understand what I wrote and to answer the questions, also giving me encouragement.:)

I don't believe irresponsible smokers suddenly change their behaviors. I'm positive they will smoke again in the apartment sneakily. However, the new manager knows how to take care of a smoke issue and he is a doer. I can see banging my head a brick wall days is going to end soon!

Janxster

Why do you care what someone does in the privacy of their own home? Are they harming you somehow. Did you think to get to know the person and maybe talk?

quincy

Why do you care what someone does in the privacy of their own home? Are they harming you somehow. Did you think to get to know the person and maybe talk?
Janxster, adding comments to older threads is frowned upon on this forum. If you wish to contribute some legally relevant content, please look to make sure you are responding to a current thread. Thanks.

PAPP

I was surprised my old thread received a response when I am on the forum.

I hope people understand we share the air in the apartment complex. If someone smokes in the premises, it affects other people's inhaling air. One of my apartment residents went to ER for asthma attack because of secondhand smoke into his apartment. Even though people fully understand we are not supposed to smoke in the apartment complex, some smokers just keep smoking sneakily. Sadly, talking with them is not an effective solution for my apartment smoke issues. Been there, done that.

Just Blue

I hope people understand we share the air in the apartment complex. If someone smokes in the premises, it affects other people's inhaling air. One of my apartment residents went to ER for asthma attack because of secondhand smoke into his apartment. Even though people fully understand we are not supposed to smoke in the apartment complex, some smokers just keep smoking sneakily. Sadly, talking with them is not an effective solution for my apartment smoke issues. Been there, done that.
PAPP...You don't need to explain yourself to @Janxster . S/he was way out of line in their posting to you on this tread.

quincy

Janxster is a new poster with his own issues about marijuana. He is not familiar with the "unwritten rule" on this forum that old threads should not be revived by anyone but the original poster.

Sorry if Janxster's post brought you back for no reason. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">