• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do about this neighor destroying our property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

My uncle's home burned down as a result of arson. The neighbor's boyfriend poured gasoline under the window to the bedroom of the 3 boys (as in children) due to some perceived slight by the youngest child. There was no warning. The arson was eventually (months) turned over by his girlfriend after he set fire to her mother's house.

My aunt's next door neighbor's garage was blown up by their grandchild's ex.

Arson is not a rational thing to threaten. Were I OP, I would have been tempted to take this to police and seek out a restraining order. At the very least, I would want a police report on file, in case the neighbor seeks to follow through such a threat.
Please tell me the boys were able to get out of the house uninjured?

FarmerJ

there is no reason to not use what was said to try to get a restraining order and a police report can still be made. ( Not2 the couple I had bought the 4plex from where I lived in one unit and rented the rest , they had a tenant who they took to court for nonpayment of rent and the court ordered him out so he took a gas can and poured gas from front to back and lit it up on his way out the back door, I no longer recall what the legal outcome was )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">