• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do? Or What happens to the money I spent on a lawyer to represents me and passes away one week before my trial begins?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Msmoore1220

Initially he doesn’t show up for my court date and the judge grants me 2weeks to pay for another lawyer. I didn’t have the money or means to get another lawyer so by the time my next court date come I call in to court as I always did, to find out that the time change had just went into effect the previous day and I had no idea, so I missed my court date and lost all rights and custody of my children, BEING VERY DISCOURAGED and uncertain of what to do where to go what to ask, here I am 6 years later with still no answers. Ultimately I would like to go back to court but I feel I put all my money into a lawyer the first time to fail that i have fear of trying it again a second time. Please if anyone has any advice on what I should do or if I have any rights or anything on a situation like mine please please let me know. Thank you in advance

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dispensing with the woulda, coulda, shouldas...

Do you have parenting time? How old are the children? And..... we really do need to know the state.

Just Blue

I understand you delayed actions. Very alike. Situation found me with me being on the hook for $2k and lawyer died but at least his wife honored his clients. Did your lawyer have Partners.? On the fear part.. Ask your self what's more dreadful taking that second chance 7
May 3, 2019

New
Add bookmark

Dispensing
Huh??????????

commentator

Apparently in this OP's world, time moves forward by the day. Sounds very confused. And six years later, the children are about to age out anyway! I think we're being trolled here.

Just Blue

Apparently in this OP's world, time moves forward by the day. Sounds very confused. And six years later, the children are about to age out anyway! I think we're being trolled here.
I think it's safe to say that MsMoore isn't returning. She posted the same thing on another site and hasn't bothered to come back there either. This thread was pulled out of the coffin by HouseCaptain. S/he posted some gibberish yesterday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">