• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do when a retailer refuses to cancel an order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatnow13

I need advice on how to proceed or what else can I do.

Placed an order with Walgreens for a blood pressure monitor right before the lockdown for my state started. I am Stage 2, need to monitor closely and since I am high risk, I cannot go to my usual clinic to check. After a week, the order was still in processing (Walgreens authorized the purchase price and the amount is on hold). I contacted Walgreens trying to cancel my order so I can order from somewhere else. I was told I cannot cancel the order. A Customer Service Rep stated their process is automated and orders cannot be canceled. That is a lie. I have cancelled a Walgreens order before without an issue. I did explain it is vital for me to have a blood pressure monitor and if Walgreens can't supply that, I need to purchase it from somewhere else. I was told by the CSR to go to a hospital to get my blood pressure checked. In the middle of an epidemic, me being a high risk, shelter in place order and a pharmacy is forcing people to go out because they are more concerned about their bottom line.

No one at Walgreens can tell me when or if this order will ship yet they refuse to cancel it. Live Chat Agents are very unhelpful and no one answers their Customer Service number. I cannot afford to purchase from somewhere else with the Walgreens order pending. My business is closed till further notice and unemployment has not kicked in, spending is limited to absolute essentials. My bank will not remove the hold since product has not shipped. A pending transaction can be removed by the business only unless it is a fraudulent transaction. This case does not qualify, I made the purchase myself.

I filed a complaint with FTC. Nothing. Filed a complaint with Attorney General for my state. Nothing. Filed a complaint with BBB. Nothing. I even contacted the media. Nothing.

What else can I do? By the way this is going, Walgreens can keep the hold indefinitely and ship whenever they want.

whatnow13

Illinois.
No one answers phones. I went up to corporate. The only available customer service is through Live Chat on the website. They terminate the chat the moment I start pushing for an answer.
This is what I get before chat is terminated. The same is repeated over and over. Every agent, every chat.
Shawntavia F (4/1/2020, 12:06:35 PM): At this time we do not have a time frame

adjusterjack

Well, order one from Amazon and have it in a couple of day. Even the low cost monitors got better than 4 1/2 stars by reviewers. My Omron which has been accurate for the last 15 years is only $32.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=blood+pressure+monitor&crid=1PLP3QJMC65JA&sprefix=blood+,aps,208&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

At the same time, report the delivery failure to your credit card company and have them work on getting a chargeback.

Personally, I would never buy anything from Walgreens when Amazon and Walmart have the same stuff for less money.

whatnow13

Well, order one from Amazon and have it in a couple of day. Even the low cost monitors got better than 4 1/2 stars by reviewers. My Omron which has been accurate for the last 15 years is only $32.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=blood+pressure+monitor&crid=1PLP3QJMC65JA&sprefix=blood+,aps,208&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

At the same time, report the delivery failure to your credit card company and have them work on getting a chargeback.

Personally, I would never buy anything from Walgreens when Amazon and Walmart have the same stuff for less money.

Well, obviously!

This is the most obnoxiously close-minded, neanderthal answer I have ever encountered! Are you even remotely aware that people are massively loosing their jobs and scrambling to survive?

Personally, I will never take advice from you since there is an obvious lack of intelligence.

Just Blue

I did. I have manners, I let the volunteer know why I am ignoring the answer.
Your insult ridden, ill mannered reply was out of proportion to what Jack posted. In the future, should you post here again, just ignore the posts that you don't care for.

whatnow13

Your insult ridden, ill mannered reply was out of proportion to what Jack posted. In the future, should you post here again, just ignore the posts that you don't care for.
Facebook must be down. So many people are looking for attention at the wrong place.
No, I will not ignore ignorant people. They will be told what they are.
This is legal advice not the local "I am lonely and bitter, give me attention" block club.
If the volunteers cannot tell the difference, they should not attempt to answer.

zddoodah

I contacted Walgreens trying to cancel my order so I can order from somewhere else. I was told I cannot cancel the order. A Customer Service Rep stated their process is automated and orders cannot be canceled. That is a lie.
If you want to call it a "lie," that's fine, but let me explain what the customer service rep meant: the terms to which you agreed when you placed the order impose no obligation on the seller to cancel the order. The seller could cancel the order if it wanted to, but it doesn't want to and probably isn't obligated to do so (I haven't read the standard terms for this particular seller, so I have no opinion about what they actually say).

What else can I do? By the way this is going, Walgreens can keep the hold indefinitely and ship whenever they want.
Read the terms and conditions to which you agreed when you made the purchase.

This is legal advice not the local "I am lonely and bitter, give me attention" block club.
If the volunteers cannot tell the difference, they should not attempt to answer.
We all can tell the difference, but you apparently do not understand. It also seems that reading terms and conditions is not your strong suit. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the paragraph that starts with "IMPORTANT NOTICE." Then click on the "Disclaimer and our Terms and Conditions of use" and read the bits about "advice" that you get from anonymous strangers on the internet.

whatnow13

If you want to call it a "lie," that's fine, but let me explain what the customer service rep meant: the terms to which you agreed when you placed the order impose no obligation on the seller to cancel the order. The seller could cancel the order if it wanted to, but it doesn't want to and probably isn't obligated to do so (I haven't read the standard terms for this particular seller, so I have no opinion about what they actually say).

Obviously, reading is not your strong suit. You missed this: .."That is a lie. I have cancelled a Walgreens order before without an issue."
Webster's dictionary definition of before: at an earlier time.

Read the terms and conditions to which you agreed when you made the purchase.
The TOC has not changed. The situation has. Federal agencies do not have the personnel to pursue illegal business practices.

We all can tell the difference, but you apparently do not understand. It also seems that reading terms and conditions is not your strong suit. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the paragraph that starts with "IMPORTANT NOTICE." Then click on the "Disclaimer and our Terms and Conditions of use" and read the bits about "advice" that you get from anonymous strangers on the internet.

Follow your own advice and read about the answers you get from strangers on the internet.
Your ego being scuffed on multiple accounts and your need to be somebody on the internet is not my problem.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Just a hint, @whatnow13 ... everyone here is a volunteer. You are the one asking for advice. When you respond with rudeness to one of us? Most of the rest of us move along. And.... if you interacted with the CSRs as you have here? You should likely not be surprised by your lack of satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">