• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1lovingdad

What is the name of your state? CA

I found out that the mother of my daughter has a second job, which was confirmed, and she didn't report it when she filed to get the child support increased. We have a court date in 2 weeks. What can I do or have filed to the courts so that it is brought up so they recalculate the child support correctly based on all wages???? Any advice please!

melaniebaker78

I am not sure what the laws are in your state, and I agree that she should report the income. That would work to your benefit, because you wouldn't have to work as hard and pay as much if she does that. But have you considered the fact that she may have obtained a second job because her income and the support you were giving was not enough to cover the expenses of raising the child you have together.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
However, that extra income should be included in the calculation.

OP.... you should make sure you have proof of the second job when you go to court. DO you have a lawyer? S/he could subpoena the employment records.

1lovingdad

Child support in CA is based off of both parents income. So therefore, the amount of child support is not calculated correctly, because she didn't report her 2nd income. She gets a good amount of child support from me, she is just in credit card debt and is trying to get money one way or another. I just need to know if there is something to file with the courts before the next hearing date?????

mjpull

I think Stealth said it...you need to get a subpoena on her employment record. That way she can't hide the second job.

LdiJ

stealth2 said:
However, that extra income should be included in the calculation.

OP.... you should make sure you have proof of the second job when you go to court. DO you have a lawyer? S/he could subpoena the employment records.
However....she is likely to quit the second job if it becomes an issue....Although I really don't think that its fair for most second jobs to be included in child support calculations for either parent. Most people don't take a second job unless they have money problems.

melaniebaker78

I agree. If she incurred a second job, then she is probably incurring more childcare expenses, and if that is the case, it may hurt you.

NotSoNew

dad can offer to watch the child while she works her 2nd job, therefor there are no child care expenses ;)

i agree you need to get a subpoena!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">