• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? North Carolina My husband passed on8/18/05 We did not have insurance. Our mortage payment is behind 4 mts. I don't have a job. I am trying to find a job. I want to know if there is anyway that I can keep my home. That is the only payment that I have other than power,phone & auto insurance. Is there any hope? Please let me know what to do. Thanks


Senior Member
Well, you need to get caught up somehow. Any family member you can borrow some money from? Do you have a credit card with enough of a credit linit for a cash advance?
Have you talked with the mortgage company about applying the late payments to the end of the mortgage.
Big thing is, get a job and the other stuff will buy some time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential