• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngiesMom07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I have three children that are in the custody of their paternal aunt and uncle. I pay child support every week. The court left visitation open and I was visiting my children faithfully. Then all of a sudden I was being told that I could not visit anymore and if I wanted visitation I had to take them to court. My youngest child is 11 months and has been with them since birth. I am starting to think that they are doing this because they can't have anymore children and they wanted a baby very badly.

Don't I have rights since I am paying child support faithfully? My parental rights have not been terminated by the courts, I just don't have custody.:mad:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I have three children that are in the custody of their paternal aunt and uncle. I pay child support every week. The court left visitation open and I was visiting my children faithfully. Then all of a sudden I was being told that I could not visit anymore and if I wanted visitation I had to take them to court. My youngest child is 11 months and has been with them since birth. I am starting to think that they are doing this because they can't have anymore children and they wanted a baby very badly.

Don't I have rights since I am paying child support faithfully? My parental rights have not been terminated by the courts, I just don't have custody.:mad:
the courts granted you visitation. if there is no schedule for visitation, then it is in your best interest to request a modification for a set schedule.

mommyof4

...and child support is not an entrance fee to see your children.

Paying child support does not infer any visitation rights and NOT paying child support does not strip visitation rights (although I know of one state where failure to pay child support may be used as a determining factor when weighing restrictions upon visitation rights/time.)

*note that I used visitation in this instance solely because I didn't feel like confusing anybody who might mistake 'parenting rights' or 'parenting time' as 'parental rights'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">