• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedinsc1982

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?. I live in greer sc. My father is an inmate at spartanburg county detention center. Anothr inmate called me early this morning to tell me that my father was taken to the hospital. I have since then tried calling the jail and the hospital to get information concerning my fathers medical condition. Each time I havebeen told that they could not give this info out over the phone or in person. They will not allow me to see him either or deliver the message that I am at the hospital. No communication whatsoever. As his next of kin, do I not have the legal right to this information?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless they have been given written permission to give information to you, they are forbidden by law to give out any information. Medical information is legally protected by law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">