• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can they charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikeyv

What is the name of your state? rhode island

Hi, I recently took my boat in for work to my local boatyard. I was given an estimate of about $160 for washing and waxing the hull. It was admittedly in bad shape with barnacles and other growth, but at no time before or during the cleaning did anyone call me and tell me it was going to be more expensive.

You can imagine my surprise when I got a bill for $950, with all sorts of labor hours tacked onto the original bill. My question, is that legal? I signed a work order for $160, nobody called me to say it would be more, and then I get this huge bill.

Any ideas? I'm assuming they can't just charge you whatever they feel like. Mike

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">