• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can Wife do if Husband Refuses to give her share of Stimulus Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xiti

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

Both Husband and Wife file Taxes jointly, yet have separate accounts. Husband's account received the $2400 stimulus (for both filers), but he refuses to give his wife her share of $1200.

What can the wife do from a legal perspective?

Xiti

This was from the Moneyist. Person gave heartfelt response, i.e. not legal response. The link to original question was deleted. Thank you for your knowledge.

Just Blue

This was from the Moneyist. Person gave heartfelt response, i.e. not legal response. The link to original question was deleted. Thank you for your knowledge.
This site is not a discussion forum. If YOU have an issue then feel free to ask a question....but please don't post questions regarding a person/people you don't even know. Commercial links violate the TOS. I suggest you read the TOS.

Xiti

This site is not a discussion forum. If YOU have an issue then feel free to ask a question....but please don't post questions regarding a person/people you don't even know. Commercial links violate the TOS. I suggest you read the TOS.
Ok, thank you for clarifying.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The person gave the correct legal response, as it is marital $: spouses work it out among themselves. Or divorce. But divorces cost more than $1200.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">