• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What case law overrides contractor contract when issuing agency changes the rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donerightonce

What is the name of your state? New York
What law or case law overrides any licensed contractor's agreement or contract when the issuing agency changes the guidelines or rules?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? New York
What law or case law overrides any licensed contractor's agreement or contract when the issuing agency changes the guidelines or rules?
I have no idea what you are trying to ask here. Please explain the situation. Give us the backstory that goes with the question so we have some idea of context.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Please explain.
From another forum where the OP asked the exact same question, the explanation provided was:

We are a licensed plumbing company that deals with the NYC Dept of Buildings. The NYC DOB changes the rules and guidelines often and in doing so ends up changes our responsibility to our clients. Is there a case law that gives the NYC DOB the right to change the guidelines and in doing so changes our responsibility to our customers.

quincy

From another forum where the OP asked the exact same question, the explanation provided was:
I hope he received a satisfactory answer. :)

Even with the additional information in your quote, it would help if donerightonce would provide more. I am still unsure what he is asking.

The New York City's Department of Building gets its direction from New York State's Department of State, Division of Building Standards and Codes. New York State gives authority to local governments to enforce these State standards and codes. The local governments also have been given the authority to make the State codes more restrictive if local needs dictate - but all local codes must at least meet the State's minimum standards.

A question then is: Who is making the building code changes, the State or the City? Another question: How are these changes in the building codes affecting the contracts signed by donerightonce and his clients?

stevesmithag

Your Question is not that clear for me to explain, with my research I have found some data which will be helpful for you so that you can get more clarity. The contract agreement is an Agreement between the owner and the contractor who will perform the job. There are some types which you need to know the Lumpsum contract, percentage rate contract, domestic building contract.

Last edited:

quincy

Your Question is not that clear for me to explain, with my research I have found some data which will be helpful for you so that you can get more clarity. The contract agreement is an Agreement between the owner and the contractor who will perform the job. There are some types which you need to know the Lumpsum contract, percentage rate contract, domestic building contract.
This thread is from June.

stevesmithag, it is preferred on this forum that old threads are not revived for questions or comments by anyone but the original poster. There are questions asked of poster "donerightonce" that he has yet to answer. Perhaps he will return to this thread eventually to provide additional information.

It is also important to note that commercial messages and links are prohibited on this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">