• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What direction should I go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Worked for a property manager and was told to do the required repairs and he stated that we would be reimbursed. I have over 6,000.00 in receipts. Said manager sold the building also, broke into apartment illegally 2 times. Also partner had to go to counseling for anxiety and had anxiety attacks due to the stress. Lastly we worked the property for 2 years and did not get paid. I am a regional manager and partner is a maintenance supervisor. Need to know what kind of suit would this be. Need direction. Owner sold property in November, would like to sue. is this possible?

No relative of my significant other, move here from out of state to assist them in running there property in Lake County. Ran property for 2 years. I have over $6,000 in receipts that were not reimbursed and we had a verbal agreement that if said property was sold that we my partner and I would be paid for all the work that was done, renting units, repairing apartments and bring the property value up.

We came to Florida to assist my partners father with his property; with the pretense that we were getting the property back up and running due to her father being too old to take care of the property. 12 unit property. We both worked full time job and took care of the property. We were promised that we would get compensated for all that we did for the property. It was just sold and we just want what was verbally promised to us, along with our out of pocket expenses.

Just Blue

We came to Florida to assist my partners father with his property; with the pretense that we were getting the property back up and running due to her father being too old to take care of the property. 12 unit property. We both worked full time job and took care of the property. We were promised that we would get compensated for all that we did for the property. It was just sold and we just want what was verbally promised to us, along with our out of pocket expenses.
Define "compensated".

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Worked for a property manager and was told to do the required repairs and he stated that we would be reimbursed. I have over 6,000.00 in receipts. Said manager sold the building also, broke into apartment illegally 2 times. Also partner had to go to counseling for anxiety and had anxiety attacks due to the stress. Lastly we worked the property for 2 years and did not get paid. I am a regional manager and partner is a maintenance supervisor. Need to know what kind of suit would this be. Need direction. Owner sold property in November, would like to sue. is this possible?

No relative of my significant other, move here from out of state to assist them in running there property in Lake County. Ran property for 2 years. I have over $6,000 in receipts that were not reimbursed and we had a verbal agreement that if said property was sold that we my partner and I would be paid for all the work that was done, renting units, repairing apartments and bring the property value up.
Your only recourse is to sue in civil court. As Payroll HR Guy mentioned, small claims is limited to $5,000. Your biggest hurdle is going to be that fact that you based your hopes on a verbal, not written contract. The other hurdle is collecting any amount if you were to win.

Dandy Don

Why did he break into the apartment illegally? Did you file a police report about any of the break-ins?

Do you have photos of any of the work you did and do you have any witnesses that can verify you did work at this property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">