• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do to get my investment back from my son-in-low?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fcpxh16

I live in Texas, My SIL lives in Michigan. Few years ago I gave him 50K to invest in stock with good faith, I did not ask for any receipet. Now he claimed the money is gone, he does not have any intension to give my money back. He has a good job, making 10K salary an year, lives in a 400K house, and just open an buffet restaurant. He is now in the process of getting divorce, my daughter has an affair and does not want anything from him. Is there any thing I can do to get some of my money back? Can I put a lien against his property, in case he ever sell his house or business?

Dandy Don

Is your son-in-law a stock broker or financial professional?

Is there anything in writing that would prove that you gave him this money for the purpose of investing in the stock market?

If you have nothing to prove your case it's going to be your word against his in court and you are very likely going to lose. Has he always been an SOB or are you just now finding this out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">