• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do i do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cburke22

What is the name of your state? florida

i found a brand new apt. complex to move into. it is great but i have one big issue. my scheduled move in date was jan 16th. i contacted the leasing agent the day before to have them fax a copy of the lease so i could review it before signing on the 16th. when i called i was told that i will not be able to move in until feb 1st. due the county. i have paid my sec. deposit and everything necessary already. so i asked can they put me up for the next 2wks, i was told that they would try, well they were unable to do so. i moved out of my original place on dec 31st so that that would be out of the way. and i stayed with a friend till the 16th. now with the date being pushed back to feb 1 my dog and i are now homeless. my friends son has now returned and i am no longer able to stay there. so i am forced to pay for a hotel room which to stay in for a week is more then my rent due to this being a seasonal town.... when i was approached with this i asked for at least for feb rent to be free. but they told me that they could only do 2 wks free. what do i do??? please help me.

HomeGuru

cburke22 said:
What is the name of your state? florida

i found a brand new apt. complex to move into. it is great but i have one big issue. my scheduled move in date was jan 16th. i contacted the leasing agent the day before to have them fax a copy of the lease so i could review it before signing on the 16th. when i called i was told that i will not be able to move in until feb 1st. due the county. i have paid my sec. deposit and everything necessary already. so i asked can they put me up for the next 2wks, i was told that they would try, well they were unable to do so. i moved out of my original place on dec 31st so that that would be out of the way. and i stayed with a friend till the 16th. now with the date being pushed back to feb 1 my dog and i are now homeless. my friends son has now returned and i am no longer able to stay there. so i am forced to pay for a hotel room which to stay in for a week is more then my rent due to this being a seasonal town.... when i was approached with this i asked for at least for feb rent to be free. but they told me that they could only do 2 wks free. what do i do??? please help me.
**A: and as of this date you still have not signed a lease? If that is correct then you have no lease and they can tell you sorry you can't move in until March 15 or we rented the place to someone else.

Last edited:
C

cburke22

when i asked to see the lease they told me that they did not have one as of jan 15.

C

cburke22

that is what i wanted to know. because if they were expecting me to move in on the 16th how is that they have no lease made up?

C

cburke22

when i paid my deposit were they suppose to let me sign the lease... this is all new to me... i'm only 22 and this will be my 1st apartment.

C

cburke22

now all of my mail is going to my new address, at least i thought it wasmy new address. but now al my mail is going there and they have some of my mail, they will not return my phone calls when i leave messages.

C

cburke22

i just found out that now i will not be able to move into my apartment until feb 15th

D

dadrummer

At the time you paid your security deposit you should have been required to sign "something". If not the lease then it should have been a Security Deposit agreement that spells out each of your obligations, and penaltys for failing to deliver.

C

cburke22

whao do i do

i sign the application and the welcome letter that they have sent to me.

HomeGuru

Where is the lease? Why can't you sign a lease? A lease takes only minutes to create; why don't they have one ready for you to sign?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">