• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chryslermom

What is the name of your state?Iowa

I, thru my last employer, I filed a discrimination report against my district manager. He said I did not get a daytime position because I am female (I have this on tape). The investigation is still open- to my knowledge- and I was terminated for not doing my job. When I filed the complaint, my manager and assistant manager started to treat my woth hostility and made it difficult to go to work with a smile. Since I was terminated, am I able to proceed in a legal matter to sue the company? :mad: :(

BelizeBreeze

chryslermom said:
What is the name of your state?Iowa

I, thru my last employer, I filed a discrimination report against my district manager. He said I did not get a daytime position because I am female (I have this on tape). The investigation is still open- to my knowledge- and I was terminated for not doing my job. When I filed the complaint, my manager and assistant manager started to treat my woth hostility and made it difficult to go to work with a smile. Since I was terminated, am I able to proceed in a legal matter to sue the company? :mad: :(
Sue the company for what? Firing you?
So far you have not shown that you were fired BECAUSE of your complaint. Just because you weren't given the opportunity to go to work wth a 'smile'.

Also, I would be VERY careful admitting to the existence of the tape recording unless YOU want to be sued for invasion of privacy and have criminal charges filed against you.

I bet you recorded this at work right?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Have you filed a complaint with the EEOC and/or your state civil rights commission? Has either agency issued you a right to sue letter?

If the answer to either question is no, then no, you cannot sue your employer whether or not your employment was terminated. You MUST have a right to sue letter from one agency or the other before you can file a lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">