• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I need to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noname1113

What is the name of your state? NY

My wife has an excellent recipe for pizza sauce and I keep telling her that she should jar it and sell it at local craft fairs. What does she need to do to protect her recipe and sell it?

Sorry but I really don't know where to post this. Thank you.

divgradcurl

My wife has an excellent recipe for pizza sauce and I keep telling her that she should jar it and sell it at local craft fairs. What does she need to do to protect her recipe and sell it?
Well, to legally sell it, she'll need to meet federal, state and local regulations for food preparation and saftey. Your local health department can probably point you in the right direction.

As far as protecting the recipe, about all she can do is keep it secret. There really isn't any way to protect a recipe short of trade secret.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">