• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do parents receive as residents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jyz

What is the name of your state? New York

We are currently processing paperwork to bring my mother (age 65) to the US. My sister is already a citizen and she was the petitioner. We already sent back the "Choice of address and agency form" to immigration. But meanwhile we want to know what are the conditions for my mother to be a resident.

1- Can she apply for medicaid or medicare, or will she get any medical insurance?
2- If she becomes resident how many months during the year she needs to stay in the US in order to keep herself as resident?
3- Can she work?
4- Can she get a social security?
5-She used to work all her life back at home, now she is retired; can she receive any benefits (financial and/or medical) from the US government?

Any information supplied as answer will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance, JyZ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">