• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do these charges mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrspoo

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Please bear with me, as this is my first time on this site. My husband is currently in the county jail, and his charges are ;
Possession of Herion w/intent to sell in a school zone, I,II,III,IV. Could some one please tell me what the I,II,III,IV means, and what website can give me the definitions of the charges?

Thanks!

HomeGuru

mrspoo said:

Please bear with me, as this is my first time on this site. My husband is currently in the county jail, and his charges are ;
Possession of Herion w/intent to sell in a school zone, I,II,III,IV. Could some one please tell me what the I,II,III,IV means, and what website can give me the definitions of the charges?

Thanks!

**A: it means he is HISTORY. And what the hell is he doing with a herion?
Isn't herion a bird of some sort?

mrspoo

You're really hilarious, but I still would like to know what the charges are for.
Oh, please excuse my spelling, is the correct way; heroin?
HomeGuru said:
**A: it means he is HISTORY. And what the hell is he doing with a herion?
Isn't herion a bird of some sort?

HomeGuru

mrspoo said:
You're really hilarious, but I still would like to know what the charges are for.
Oh, please excuse my spelling, is the correct way; heroin?

**A: with respect to charges, plain and simple; have you heard of the 3 strikes you're out law? Use common sense lady. He was charged with I, II, III and IV so he is out plus one for good measure. And out means he can't play anymore. He must leave the sandbox and go to a place to pound big rocks into little rocks, and little rocks into tiny rocks, and tiny rocks into sand.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

It means you need to find another man.
N.J.S.A. 2C:35-5a/2C:35-5b(3),
N.J.S.A. 2C:35-5a/2C:35-5b(3),
N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10a(1)
He's looking at a minimum of 5 years on each charge plus enhancement (in the school zone).

Asta la Vista BABY!

Happy Trails

mrspoo said:

Thanks!
You picked a winner that will be serving time. Since he was in a school zone, this will enhance the below penalties.

Schedule I-IV substances: 3rd degree crime -- 3-5 years imprisonment and/or fines up to $35,000.

When someone is convicted of an offense punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence, the judge must sentence the defendant to the mandatory minimum sentence or to a higher sentence. The judge has no power to sentence the defendant to less time than the mandatory minimum.

Last edited:

kackle

Sorry sweetie but he's looking at time, at least 3 yrs. Try to get a good lawyer who can help him and see if there were any loop holes in the system. Reading what you wrote stuck home. These are the same charges that Travis was facing. Now he is in jail for the next 3 yrs mostly due to those mandatory minimum sentencing policy.

TTYL

Jen

PS there's a site call prisontalk.com there's a forum for New Jersey, you will get better advice there then here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">