• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What document is needed to show that my mom is my dependant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I need some type of document stating my mom is my dependant and that I supply 50% or more of her income. This document is needed to be able to put her down as my dependant in my military record. I don't know what the document is called. The information is true; maybe an affidavit is all that is nessesary? My mom is 77 years old, she has been living with me since 1998, she is still active but cannot survive with just her social security income. I take care of all her needs. Thank you for your attention.
P.S. We live in Orlando, Florida.


Senior Member
My response:

It's not just "a piece of paper".

You need the State to allow you to be her Conservator and Guardian. You'll need to file for this permission with the Probate court, and then receive signed Orders from the court.

Good luck to you.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential