• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does this motion mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? md

What is "a motion for declaratory relief"?

A little history may help. We had a settlement conference 11 months ago and non-custodial parent refuses to follow orders and continues to make up whatever amount of CS he feels our son deserves. He has refused to pay after school child care. I have a contract with licensed daycare, cancelled checks etc... He states that I do not need it and that if I need coverage, I need to contact him and he will send a family member to pick up son. We live over 30 miles away from anyone in his family and they are not exactly reliable. He has been declaring that he is broke, meanwhile, he and his new family have been taking 10 day vacations, throwing parties, new cars, new house (150K more than last house). He has quit 2 full time union jobs to freelance (now he is broke:rolleyes:).

Just need to know what this motion means.

My attorney is not easy to contact and I have doubts about him but am in soooo deep with boxes and boxes on our case, that I can't afford to switch at this time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? md

What is "a motion for declaratory relief"?

A little history may help. We had a settlement conference 11 months ago and non-custodial parent refuses to follow orders and continues to make up whatever amount of CS he feels our son deserves. He has refused to pay after school child care. I have a contract with licensed daycare, cancelled checks etc... He states that I do not need it and that if I need coverage, I need to contact him and he will send a family member to pick up son. We live over 30 miles away from anyone in his family and they are not exactly reliable. He has been declaring that he is broke, meanwhile, he and his new family have been taking 10 day vacations, throwing parties, new cars, new house (150K more than last house). He has quit 2 full time union jobs to freelance (now he is broke:rolleyes:).

Just need to know what this motion means.

My attorney is not easy to contact and I have doubts about him but am in soooo deep with boxes and boxes on our case, that I can't afford to switch at this time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Who filed the motion? You or Dad?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">