• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What evidence is allowed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darcyjo64

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Domestic violence case. Female alleges assault. No contact order in place. Female continues to stalk male. Fake emails, numerous facebook pages, different phone numbers. Male has blocked them all. Female makes constant threats to violate his bond unless he unblocks her, or begs him to unblock and claims she won't violate him. Male got a Ppo against the female. When we tried to present this stalking evidence to his court appointed attorney, she said it would do no good. The only thing she is interested in is her perjuring herself during the Ppo hearing in regards to the case. The case was hardly discussed during the Ppo hearing. She did admit under oath that she has his passwords to his emails and facebook. Why wouldn't this be allowed? Doesn't this show her questionable character? There's a lot more to the story, including her harassment of family, friends, acquaintances, etc. as well as threatening his daughter.

darcyjo64

I am the parent. My son asked me to find out. And yes, I have seen all of the blocked numbers, excessive emails, etc..

"When we tried to present this stalking evidence to his court appointed attorney"
As you already have an attorney, why not ask him?

darcyjo64

He tried. She is court appointed. He got 5 minutes with her, with 1 1/2 of those spent on the phone with someone about her upcoming cruise for the holidays! She was very dismissive and wouldn't even let him finish a sentence.

quincy

Why hasn't your son changed his passwords and account information?

Your son (and all affected) can report any illegal stalking activity and harassment and threats to the police.

darcyjo64

We are trying to figure out how she is doing it, but she seems to be able to figure out his passwords. She has 'quoted' things that he has said to others...people he knows would never have contact with her, let alone pass information along to her. The phone he has was purchased by her. We are wondering if that's how it's happening?
We have contacted the police in regards to all of the harassment and a ppo was granted. She tried to fight it, but the judge ruled in my sons favor. Part of the problem is that it is in different jurisdictions. The Ppo is in one county, the dv is in another county 3 hrs away.
He is currently getting all of the information together about her threats, stalking, harassment, etc and plans to take it to the State Police to see if they will file charges. Our very small, rural PD didn't seem too interested. Even when she threatened my 4 yo granddaughters well-being.

quincy

We are trying to figure out how she is doing it, but she seems to be able to figure out his passwords. She has 'quoted' things that he has said to others...people he knows would never have contact with her, let alone pass information along to her. The phone he has was purchased by her. We are wondering if that's how it's happening?
We have contacted the police in regards to all of the harassment and a ppo was granted. She tried to fight it, but the judge ruled in my sons favor. Part of the problem is that it is in different jurisdictions. The Ppo is in one county, the dv is in another county 3 hrs away.
He is currently getting all of the information together about her threats, stalking, harassment, etc and plans to take it to the State Police to see if they will file charges. Our very small, rural PD didn't seem too interested. Even when she threatened my 4 yo granddaughters well-being.
That she purchased a phone for your son should not give her access to phone conversations or private passwords. Your son needs to be more creative with his password choices. He can also close all online accounts and stop using the internet until the woman finds something else to occupy her time.

Any violations of the protection order should continue to be reported to the police. Whether the local police act on each report made depends on the seriousness of the complaint - but the reports should still be made.

darcyjo64

No offense, but even my ex husband could probably get my passwords if he wanted. All you have to do is get the security questions right. As far as shutting off all connections, he has done that before but it's his only way to have contact with his daughter. She lives 2 hours away.
Since the Ppo was made to stand, she hasn't attempted contact. That's almost scarier than the last 10 months of continuous threats, etc...Like waiting for the ball to drop.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
No offense, but even my ex husband could probably get my passwords if he wanted. All you have to do is get the security questions right. .
Then he needs to get creative with the answers to the security questions. Nothing says they have to be accurate; they just have to be something he remembers. Ask for his mother's maiden name? Make the answer "snaggletooth". Name of his elementary school? Hogwarts. Truly - he needs to get smart about protecting his accounts.

quincy

No offense, but even my ex husband could probably get my passwords if he wanted. All you have to do is get the security questions right. As far as shutting off all connections, he has done that before but it's his only way to have contact with his daughter. She lives 2 hours away.
Since the Ppo was made to stand, she hasn't attempted contact. That's almost scarier than the last 10 months of continuous threats, etc...Like waiting for the ball to drop.
Your son should use Family Wizard or something similar (court monitored contact) to communicate with his daughter.

It doesn't sound like your son is trying very hard to sever contact with this woman.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Honestly? He should never assume that mutual acquaintances would "never" share information with her. Even if unintentionally, a passing comment can make it back around. He really should cut contact - especially on social media with any mutual contacts. If social media is his only method of contact with his daughter? That should be the only social media contact he has.

darcyjo64

Your son should use Family Wizard or something similar (court monitored contact) to communicate with his daughter.

It doesn't sound like your son is trying very hard to sever contact with this woman.
The mother of his child is not the person that is causing this issue. He has a great relationship with his ex. She is even willing to testify on his behalf, because she too has been a victim of this harassment, etc..
I understand your cynicism Quincy. I really do. I see and hear from people everyday about these types of issues. I enter Ppos in NCIC. I read Ppos on a daily basis. So I get it. But never in 16 years have I seen the lengths that this person will go to in order to try to ruin my sons life if he doesn't come back to her.
It still doesn't answer my original question though.

darcyjo64

Honestly? He should never assume that mutual acquaintances would "never" share information with her. Even if unintentionally, a passing comment can make it back around. He really should cut contact - especially on social media with any mutual contacts. If social media is his only method of contact with his daughter? That should be the only social media contact he has.
He has cut all ties with any mutual contacts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">