• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What field should I hire a lawyer in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I have read it, I just answered.
She will sign because she knows she cannot stop my Emancipation. I know my guardian.

I do understand that Quincy, but since she is the receiver for my survivor benefits she is supposed to pay for them.
I had a knee accident, and it has healed incorrectly while leaving a bone that sticks out. She refused to take me to have it X-rayed.
I think you will benefit from speaking with a legal professional in your area. You might want to start with a call to Kansas Legal Services, Smithm.

You have some issues with your guardian that could use a personal review. Emancipation in your near future seems unlikely but you might find other more immediate relief.

Smithm

Yes, she may object. But I have strong reason, I have a psychiatrist who is going to be my "next to friend" reference, who has had some sessions with my guardian and agrees I would be better on my own, I have proof of her misusing my SSA money, I have various boss references, I am ahead in school, I will be graduating 2 years early, I have a strong job resume and I am fully capable to live on my own and pursue my own affairs.

I am enrolled in online school, so there has been no room for that sort of report.

quincy

Yes, she may object. But I have strong reason, I have a psychiatrist who is going to be my "next to friend" reference, who has had some sessions with my guardian and agrees I would be better on my own, I have proof of her misusing my SSA money, I have various boss references, I am ahead in school, I will be graduating 2 years early, I have a strong job resume and I am fully capable to live on my own and pursue my own affairs.

I am enrolled in online school, so there has been no room for that sort of report.
You are to be congratulated for your efforts, both in and out of school. You have more steps you need to take before you are a good candidate for emancipation, however. You are smart to be investigating these steps now before petitioning the court.

Good luck, Smithm. Again, I recommend you speak to a legal professional in your area to discuss the legal hurdles you have ahead of you to accomplish your goal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, even after having raised several teenagers in the past, I tend to forget that it's at just about your age that you blossom from an ignorant child in to an omniscient individual.

Smithm

Most definitely I do, Quincy.
Thank you all, I do appreciate it. I've never received legitimate constructive criticism on other threads. This has helped a lot and outlined my further actions.

quincy

I'm sorry, even after having raised several teenagers in the past, I tend to forget that it's at just about your age that you blossom from an ignorant child in to an omniscient individual.
Some children have legitimate concerns and good reasons for seeking legal remedies. Smithm has presented a situation and a couple of issues that seem to deserve serious attention. But I think this attention must come from a legal professional in Kansas and not a forum.

Zigner

Some children have legitimate concerns and good reasons for seeking legal remedies. Smithm has presented a situation and a couple of issues that seem to deserve serious attention. But I think this attention must come from a legal professional in Kansas and not a forum.
While that may be true, the fact that the OP is unwilling to listen to any information that runs counter to her own already-made-up-mind doesn't bode well.

quincy

Most definitely I do, Quincy.
Thank you all, I do appreciate it. I've never received legitimate constructive criticism on other threads. This has helped a lot and outlined my further actions.
We all appreciate the thanks, Smithm, so thank you.

If you have the time, energy and desire, we always like to hear back from posters to see how they're doing.

Once again, good luck.

Zigner

I've never received legitimate constructive criticism on other threads.
Have you made threads here and then deleted them? :confused:

Please keep in mind that constructive criticism isn't just that which agrees with your point of view.

quincy

Please keep in mind that constructive criticism isn't just that which agrees with your point of view.
I think Smithm might be referring to threads on other sites (and to past postings on this site), where there is a standard response given to any minor posting a question about emancipation.

There are emancipation laws in all states. The laws exist because some minors have good reasons for seeking emancipation. Not all minors who consider emancipation will be eligible for emancipation, of course, but the laws are there for those minors who qualify.

Smithm

No I mean forums in general.
And yes I do have that in mind. I completely understand I don't have everything worked out, that is what these forums are for. Advice and clarification. I do not believe I know more or better than you or anyone on here, as you have stated. I have asked for advice and I have got some.
Have a good day

quincy

No I mean forums in general.
And yes I do have that in mind. I completely understand I don't have everything worked out, that is what these forums are for. Advice and clarification. I do not believe I know more or better than you or anyone on here, as you have stated. I have asked for advice and I have got some.
Have a good day
Thanks for the clarification.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">