• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happened to the "Alimony" thread????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

What is the name of your state?

Several of us spent time researching statutes and answering questions. Not JUST for the OP but so that a future OP searching for the same info could find it. It really ticks me off when I go researching stuff and then the OP deletes the thread.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state?

Several of us spent time researching statutes and answering questions. Not JUST for the OP but so that a future OP searching for the same info could find it. It really ticks me off when I go researching stuff and then the OP deletes the thread.
I agree, it's incredibly irritating! :mad:

This particular poster deserved no further discussion or research. But, as you wrote, it's also for the benefit of future posters. But OP cares not for anyone but Self. :rolleyes:

Just Blue

I agree, it's incredibly irritating! :mad:

This particular poster deserved no further discussion or research. But, as you wrote, it's also for the benefit of future posters. But OP cares not for anyone but Self. :rolleyes:
When she starts another thread, and we all KNOW she will, we should just let it sit there...

I can understand locking it, but deleting it is selfish!!

Shay-Pari'e

She deleted it after I brought up one of her earlier posts claiming the bio dad found her and wanted a paternity test and visitation and stuff. (It was granted) That was in TN. She also stopped payment on a large check. Two reasons she may have other legal matters.

So she is in Kansas and claims broke, yet she had an attorney and was going after him for support.

Then it was gone. She was just a liar, and a bad one at that.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I was following that thread, and you guys did do an awful lot of leg work (for the sake of a most undeserving OP, I must say.) It was a shining example of a rebuttal to any of the brats who whine that all anybody here wants to do is ridicule them without helping.

Well, not that it matters, but you should at least know that it didn't go unnoticed. Very well done, ladies.

TinkerBelleLuvr

She brought up a topic that piqued my interest. How long can you be gone from a state, and still maintain that residency? I know about the length of time to establish residency. Then, can you be gone say 10 months a year - off to various other states (never longer than 5 months and 29 days ;)) and still be considered a resident of that state.

From a tax perspective, that opens up a who other kettle of worms (have a couple of those clients) ....

I was peaved when I went looking for that piece of info (which I found references for college students), but had trouble with the research.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She brought up a topic that piqued my interest. How long can you be gone from a state, and still maintain that residency? I know about the length of time to establish residency. Then, can you be gone say 10 months a year - off to various other states (never longer than 5 months and 29 days ;)) and still be considered a resident of that state.

From a tax perspective, that opens up a who other kettle of worms (have a couple of those clients) ....

I was peaved when I went looking for that piece of info (which I found references for college students), but had trouble with the research.
It is not about being gone from a state but about the intent. Where is your domicile? That is what determines what state you are a resident of.

a cad man

Hi all,

Pardon my forum ignorance, but who is OP? If it is me, sorry, but I did not delete any postings.

Regardless, I am very appreciative of everyones opinions on my matters. I have done a good deal of research but also enjoy reading other peoples' take on my 'situation'.

Take care.

fairisfair

Hi all,

Pardon my forum ignorance, but who is OP? If it is me, sorry, but I did not delete any postings.

Regardless, I am very appreciative of everyones opinions on my matters. I have done a good deal of research but also enjoy reading other peoples' take on my 'situation'.

Take care.
this isn't about you.

TinkerBelleLuvr

OP means original poster. we complained that another poster upped and deleted her post that contained some really good information in it for others who may care to research the subjects contained.

LdiJ

I get ya!!

We should ask Admin to take away the ability to delete a thread...Admin should be the one to make that decision...What do you think??
The admin can't do that. Someone has to have the right to delete their own thread or their own post. Sure, its annoying when some people do it, but that's a right that the admin can't take away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">