• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens after an administration probate time you find bonds that were not report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LMay

What is the name of your state? FLorida

What happens if you go throught the administrative probate, and two years later you find bonds, what is the process at this point in order to cash them in and pass them on to the receipicants. My parents are both passed away and I found EE bonds in a bible, do I go back to court or attorney to have an other probate so that I can pass it on to the benificiaries. I was the personal represenative of the estate at the time. I feel it is my responsability to make sure these are passed on.
Please help!!
Since no respones to this question I have been researching and my question is do I have to do a small probate, at the court house to be able to cash in these bonds or can they be given to the benificiaries to cash. I do not know what the statue of limits is, and how this all works with the finding things after. It would of been easier had these been found in the inital process?
I would appreciate any information you could provide. If I can not do this or benificiaries on my or there own and I need a lawyer please advise.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

So what is the total value of the bonds?

Do the bonds show the name of a co-owner or beneficiary on them or not?

You need to be consulting a local attorney about this or post your question to www.lawguru.com.

Probate will probably have to be reopened on this.

LMay

Thank you for your reply.
The bond amounts are one $10,000 and Two $5,000.
The bonds are co-owner with both co-owners deceased.

Dandy Don

That's a matter of opinion. I only ask to determine whether the guidelines for a smaller estate would apply or not.

If these are savings bonds, you can discuss how and who can redeem them by visiting any local bank that sells bonds. They are most likely to tell you that only the executor of the estate can redeem them or apply for reissue in the executor's name.

BlondiePB

"Depending on the total value of an estate is whether or not one can do probate with small estates and/or family administration -- check your state statutes." Is much different than "how much is the estate" coming from someone in cyberspace.

Yep, a difference in opinion. I would be very "leary" of someone asking me that. But, that's me.

Dandy Don

Brilliant terminology and yes, you have phrased it in a better way. But there is nothing to be leery of, and this is a free country where I have the right to ask whatever question I want, whether you agree with it or not.

BlondiePB

Dandy Don said:
Brilliant terminology and yes, you have phrased it in a better way. But there is nothing to be leery of, and this is a free country where I have the right to ask whatever question I want, whether you agree with it or not.
I do use that brilliant terminology phrased with posters. As for the freedom of speech, this sure is a free county. However, the administrator has the control over one's speech here on the forum. :D

There's a lot of stuff going on in cyberspace. Not all of it is pleasant. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">