• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what happens when a citation is sent to collections but doesnt appear on drivers record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jclark2212

Illinois, I received a citation for speeding 8 months and forgot to pay it, and just now receiving anything pertaining to it and the only thing I received was a collections letter from an agency to pay the fine. I recently just printed my drivers record at the end of October and its only November and it doesn’t appear. Why is that?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No, thats why I’m here asking questions right? I’m starting a cdl class monday and I don’t need anything preventing me from that
Are you saying that the only reason you would pay it is if it might prevent you from getting your CDL? If it won't affect your CDL, then you'll just blow it off?

Jclark2212

Are you saying that the only reason you would pay it is if it might prevent you from getting your CDL? If it won't affect your CDL, then you'll just blow it off?
Thats not what I’m saying at all.. I just wanted to know why it didn’t appear on my drivers record being that this happened months ago.. And to see if its going to prevent me from obtaining my CDL, and how quickly I would need to take some action about it so its not something thats going to be in my way.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Of course it will affect you. You could have your license suspended or a "stop" placed on your license.

LdiJ

would that affect me renewing my license or plate sticker reneweal?
It should have, I don't know why it didn't. It absolutely can stop you from getting the CDL although it probably wouldn't stop you from taking the class. You just need to get it taken care of immediately if you want to be sure that it has no negative effects on your future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">