• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what if anything can I do next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.


What is the name of your state? nm

my ex and I went to priority consultation and the mediator made recommendations to the court regarding parenting time. This was over a month ago, the courts entered as a CO and it is in effect, but in order for parenting time to start my ex needs to contact the center where he will be having supervised visits, but he has not done anything (including the drug testing the court ordered, not to mention two months of child support (I have only recieved 1 month since this all started in Feb)). Can I do anything? I DO want our child to have a father in her life I think its important to her, no matter what I think of him personally ( I slept with him and we had a child). My only thought is if he is not going to do what it takes to be a part of our childs like and support our child financialy then our child deserves to find that happiness somewhere else. My questioin is there a way I can request him to sign rights over? Please dont take this wrong, my ex started all this court expenses after 3.5 years of nothing, paid no child support, and had little to no contract, nd now he wants to walk away, becasue things did not go the way him and his wife wanted. :(

I would appreciate any comments or advise please!

Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential