• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if you start a town & court system, but everyone is friends with each other. A visitors comes and is killed, what happens?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmunchkins4

According to VA § 8.01-345(b), jurors are selected by jurisdiction, so in this case propertyholders of the incorporated town.

So what happens if I start a town, establish necessary public bodies and court system, but everyone is friends with each other, and a vistor comes along and a local kills him, but there all friends, making it incredibly difficult to prosecute. Does the murderer most likely get away with it?

quincy

According to VA § 8.01-345(b), jurors are selected by jurisdiction, so in this case propertyholders of the incorporated town.

So what happens if I start a town, establish necessary public bodies and court system, but everyone is friends with each other, and a vistor comes along and a local kills him, but there all friends, making it incredibly difficult to prosecute. Does the murderer most likely get away with it?
No.

And we do not entertain hypotheticals on this forum.

LdiJ

No. State and county law enforcement would and should take over and make it impossible for the perp to get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">