• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What information leads to public data and how do I find that information?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marybeth83

What is the name of your state? NY

Google results online show John Doe (he actually has a very unique name) living at 123 Main Street (actually an house outside NYC).

I am trying to prove this person lived at this address with any documents or other proof besides the whitepages.com results. Would be even better if I can find that he lived at that address between 2005 to 2012.

I know the address belongs to his wealthy brother and John Doe immigrated into the USA and lived at the address. I am positive the wealthy brother paid the mortgage and the bills, which kind of limits what may tie John Doe to the address.

Not worth subpoena or asking John Doe because he is 100% for the other party and a crook and I know will only help the other party "I never lived there, I am homeless, I just used the address to get mail, etc". So I rather try to find record/proof myself.

Besides the whitepages.com results, is there any online data base or local or county records I can look to tie the person to the address?

zddoodah

I am trying to prove this person lived at this address with any documents or other proof besides the whitepages.com results.
Prove to whom and why?

Not worth subpoena or asking John Doe because he is 100% for the other party and a crook and I know will only help the other party
This is all rather meaningless since you have told us nothing about the case or the connection between John Doe and the case.

Besides the whitepages.com results, is there any online data base or local or county records I can look to tie the person to the address?
Anything you get from a website is almost certainly going to be inadmissible hearsay, and we obviously have no way of knowing what information might be available to tie this unknown person to an unknown address. If you're a party to a lawsuit, your attorney will presumably understand the rules of evidence and know how to pursue the right type of evidence. If you don't have an attorney and aren't well-versed in the rules of evidence, you're likely not going to be able to do this correctly.

quincy

What is the name of your state? NY

Google results online show John Doe (he actually has a very unique name) living at 123 Main Street (actually an house outside NYC).

I am trying to prove this person lived at this address with any documents or other proof besides the whitepages.com results. Would be even better if I can find that he lived at that address between 2005 to 2012.

I know the address belongs to his wealthy brother and John Doe immigrated into the USA and lived at the address. I am positive the wealthy brother paid the mortgage and the bills, which kind of limits what may tie John Doe to the address.

Not worth subpoena or asking John Doe because he is 100% for the other party and a crook and I know will only help the other party "I never lived there, I am homeless, I just used the address to get mail, etc". So I rather try to find record/proof myself.

Send a certified letter to this uniquely-named individual at the house address listed for him.

Ask the neighbors.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Send a certified letter to this uniquely-named individual at the house address listed for him.

Ask the neighbors.
The way the OP is written, it seems to be past-tense. The OP needs to find out if he "lived" there, not "lives" there.

I wish the OP would let us know why this information is needed - it might help us offer suggestions.

quincy

The way the OP is written, it seems to be past-tense. The OP needs to find out if he "lived" there, not "lives" there.

I wish the OP would let us know why this information is needed - it might help us offer suggestions.
More information definitely would be helpful. :)

If marybeth3 can discover where this fellow lives now, and for how long he has lived there, however, it could be easier to learn where he has lived previously.

Trash placed at the curb of a current residence can be searched for clues (with some caveats).

And neighbors often love to talk.

If the fellow is a “crook,” the police may recognize his distinctive name.

I hesitate to recommend a paid online search service because some of these are less-than-honorable but a licensed private detective could make a search easier and faster.

A lot depends on how much time, energy and money marybeth3 wants to spend.

marybeth83

For what purpose?
(Yes, it matters)
>Rather not say, it's a scare and interesting subject matter to where the thread would go off-topic really quick. If interested could message me. Regardless, the issue remains the same: try to find public data on an individual.

inadmissible hearsay
>Totally agree the whitepages.com results is nothing more than inadmissible hearsay, that's why I'm looking for better evidence.

Send a certified letter
>This John Doe would not help me and would help the other party if he was ever asked of the issue. Regardless his statement wouldn't be useful to me or the other party. If I could bring some concert evidence of him living at the residence then that would become useful.

The OP needs to find out if he "lived" there, not "lives" there.
>Another website says the address is his current address, but I'm almost certain it was a previous address and he has moved elsewhere now. Regardless of where he lives currently, evidence of him living at the said be address is all I'm seeking.

>Quite a bit. From my understanding John Doe lived at the address for a few years when he came inside the USA but did not pay the mortage or bills, the rich brother more than likely did. Once he got his feet under him and settled in, he moved out. I'm sure John Doe had a bank, credit card, driver's license etc. The issue with those is I don't know which bank or credit card and obviously I can't contact either and ask for his records... hint the objective of the post "public" data or what I can legally obtain.

quincy

>Rather not say, it's a scare and interesting subject matter to where the thread would go off-topic really quick. If interested could message me. Regardless, the issue remains the same: try to find public data on an individual.

inadmissible hearsay
>Totally agree the whitepages.com results is nothing more than inadmissible hearsay, that's why I'm looking for better evidence.

Send a certified letter
>This John Doe would not help me and would help the other party if he was ever asked of the issue. Regardless his statement wouldn't be useful to me or the other party. If I could bring some concert evidence of him living at the residence then that would become useful.

The OP needs to find out if he "lived" there, not "lives" there.
>Another website says the address is his current address, but I'm almost certain it was a previous address and he has moved elsewhere now. Regardless of where he lives currently, evidence of him living at the said be address is all I'm seeking.

>Quite a bit. From my understanding John Doe lived at the address for a few years when he came inside the USA but did not pay the mortage or bills, the rich brother more than likely did. Once he got his feet under him and settled in, he moved out. I'm sure John Doe had a bank, credit card, driver's license etc. The issue with those is I don't know which bank or credit card and obviously I can't contact either and ask for his records... hint the objective of the post "public" data or what I can legally obtain.
The reason why you are seeking this information matters - but if you are prepared (as you say) to spend “quite a bit” of time, energy and money to locate this fellow, I recommend you hire a professional to do the work. You apparently are fumbling with your efforts.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There are some "reasons" for which no attempt to gain information would be legal. But, you have your reasons that you don't wish to divulge, so hire a pro (as mentioned above).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">