• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is considered income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Supmom810

I live in Florida.
Can anyone tell me what type of income is considered for child support? Is income from a business considered if you are a partner with your father?
If someone has not fully disclosed their income or assets on their financial affidavit and I have proof, how would I bring it to light if I am representing myself. I plan on filing interrogatories, but can I also request more information than the standard questions?
I can't afford to hire an attorney, and of course he did. Starting to get nervous and think I may have got in over my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

nextwife

Partnership income is determined by the terms of the partnership agreement. "Income" to the partnership is what is left after typical operating expenses, material costs, etc. are deducted out. And the portion of income the partnership generated belongs to the various partners in accordance with their agreement..

Example: rental income, though collected, is income reported againt the cost associated with the ownership. Mortgages, utilities, repairs, grass cutting, snow plowing, asphalt resurfacing, property taxes, etc. would be deducted out annually to determine what, if any, income the real estate generated to the partnership that owned it.

Partners may not have equal interests. The income the partnership makes is paid out to the partners based on their interests.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">