• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is my legal right or steps if i feel that I am being harassed by someone for no reason.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aarniko

Couple weeks ago this guy who parks next to me accused me of backing into his car and scratching it which is absolutely false. He claimed it happened on the 18th of July and when the apartment security reviewed the security video they determined that it was not me who did it. My car was parked at 4:30PM when he pulled into the parking lot of the apt at 7:30PM with scratches on his car that he claims I did it. I do have a few scratches on my car that was from previous incident when my car slid of the road in winter. I have proof of the 911 call I placed and also the tow company that came to pull me out and also photo to prove that the scratches on my car existed way before but he keeps accusing me of doing it. We live in the same building and so sometime we run into each other. Now he is claiming it happened on the 17th but unfortunately the building security does not have the video from that day because they only archive for 14 days and that time frame is gone but they have the one for 18th because that was reviewed.
I have changed my parking spot just to avoid him. The other day he was yelling obscenity to me and I just ignored him, and now he's starting to call me. I told him that i don't want to talk to him and they if he has a problem he should go to small claims court and let them decide. I have also informed my insurance company of this accusation and denied responsibility. He threatened to sue me in small claims which i said go ahead and do it because i have all the proof i need to prove that its not me.
Please help because I am not living in constant fear of running into him, I have changed my parking spot away from him, told the building manager and the leasing office of his behavior and I have changed my work hours just so i can avoid him but I will not be intimidated. I did call the cops once but they said it was a civil matter. I am at a point where I now think that I am being harassed and I wanted to know my rights under the law and the steps I could take to get him to stop. If he wants to go to small claims he should just do that. Please help please advise. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">