• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is my share

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngeloViolet

What is the name of your state? Arizona.
My great grandmother left a trust estate that was to be completly distributed 15 years after her death. this trust was not distributed on the date it was supposed to be. after many phone calls to my family and my families lawyer, i recieved 10,000 four months later. my grandmother who is the trustee can not take care of her own accounts, so she lets her oldest child who is a beneficiary take care of everything. my mother was a beneficiary and when she died i was to take her 1/5 share.

I never recieved a copy of the trust, i don't know what my 1/5 share is supposed to be, I don't know how much land is in the estate, and to top it off my family is meeting with the lawyer without informing me. i have asked for an accounting and a copy of the trust via letter from my lawyer, now uncles are mad, and tell me i can not contest the trust or i will lose everything i am supposed to recieve.

HELP!

Last edited:

pojo2

Do you honestly expect anyone here can give you an accurate response without benefit of reading the documents involved?

IF there is a no contest clause in the documentation then that means "no contest".

If your Atty can not get you answers, get a new one as the one you have is useless if he can not assist you.

BelizeBreeze

AngeloViolet said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona.
My great grandmother left a trust estate that was to be completly distributed 15 years after her death. this trust was not distributed on the date it was supposed to be. after many phone calls to my family and my families lawyer, i recieved 10,000 four months later. my grandmother who is the trustee can not take care of her own accounts, so she lets her oldest child who is a beneficiary take care of everything. my mother was a beneficiary and when she died i was to take her 1/5 share.

I never recieved a copy of the trust, i don't know what my 1/5 share is supposed to be, I don't know how much land is in the estate, and to top it off my family is meeting with the lawyer without informing me. i have asked for an accounting and a copy of the trust via letter from my lawyer, now uncles are mad, and tell me i can not contest the trust or i will lose everything i am supposed to recieve.

HELP!
Demanding an accounting by a beneficiary is NOT on the level of a contest. Let your attorney handle the matter.

Dandy Don

You truly need your own attorney, first to get a copy of the trust for you.

You don't necessarily have to contest to get what you have coming to you.

They are afraid of your attorney finding out that they have mismanaged or stolen from the trust and are trying to scare you off, but you are only asking for information that you are rightly entitled to.

Is the oldest child even competent enough to be handling a trust?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

AngeloViolet

Yes he is a smart, greedy, and powerful man. now not giving him to much credit but he runs the family business, and has political power in this state. if i ask my grandmother for money (that is rightfully mine) she runs and tells uncle and he comes back giving me the third degree. i am frustrated because i know i am missing out on other investments that could bring me and my family money.

Dandy Don

It is wrong for grandma to be consulting with anyone else about whether to approve payments to you. You should be granted approval in accordance with whether the reason you are asking for money is also the reason mentioned in the trust. You need to seriously consider whether it would be appropriate to ask that she be removed as trustee and subsituted with a bank trust department or someone who would act more professionally.

AngeloViolet

Is this what family does???????????????

First of all thank you for your responses they are definitely needed. Now that its been 4 weeks since my lawyer sent a letter, the family wants US to have a meeting. They want to squash this in their words. I know this meeting will be them against me and more ridiculing. All I want is a copy of the trust, and an accounting. Why are they so disgusted with Me?

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Get an attorney to come with you to the meeting, or don't attend the meeting and tell them that all you are asking for is a copy of the trust and an accounting statement and that if they can't give that to you that they can direct any future comments to your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">