• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is needed for 2 month guest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MyraC

What is the name of your state?Texas
My daughters minor boyfriend will be staying with us for the summer to work with my husband. Do we need to fill out any forms for medical emergencies or anything in general since he will be on our care? Thanks!

LdiJ

My daughters minor boyfriend will be staying with us for the summer to work with my husband. Do we need to fill out any forms for medical emergencies or anything in general since he will be on our care? Thanks!
Only if his parents want to give you a POA to cover medical decisions, and they probably won't want to. You will be able to get him emergency stabilization care until his parents can approve medical procedures.

justalayman

explain what; work with your husband means. If actual employment there are many issues to be concerned with. If you mean the kid is going to help your husband landscape the yard, the issues are reduced.

LdiJ

explain what; work with your husband means. If actual employment there are many issues to be concerned with. If you mean the kid is going to help your husband landscape the yard, the issues are reduced.
Yes, but the issues would be no more than the issues surrounding any other employee.

justalayman

Yes, but the issues would be no more than the issues surrounding any other employee.
And?

Op asked what they needed due to the kid being with them for a couple months. Op mentioned the kid working with the op’s husband. That means op may need something involved with such work so I asked op to expand on their statement.

So do you want to list all possible needs that may come from actual employment or do you think it more prudent we wait for op to respond?

Just Blue

And?

Op asked what they needed due to the kid being with them for a couple months. Op mentioned the kid working with the op’s husband. That means op may need something involved with such work so I asked op to expand on their statement.

So do you want to list all possible needs that may come from actual employment or do you think it more prudent we wait for op to respond?
^^:love:^^

Redundant I know...but deserved. :)

LdiJ

And?

Actually no. If you want me to be honest, I was attempting to gently point out to you that the fact that he might be employed by the dad's company was fairly irrelevant to the OP's original question. I am quite sure that dad is fully familiar with what is needed regarded people working with him. That issue does not change whether the child is staying with them or is a local teen.

Its the personal side of things that the OP was asking about...specifically medical care.

justalayman

Actually no. If you want me to be honest, I was attempting to gently point out to you that the fact that he might be employed by the dad's company was fairly irrelevant to the OP's original question. I am quite sure that dad is fully familiar with what is needed regarded people working with him. That issue does not change whether the child is staying with them or is a local teen.

Its the personal side of things that the OP was asking about...specifically medical care.
Actually I wish to point out to you that it is very relevant to the op’s question.

This is what the op asked:

Do we need to fill out any forms for medical emergencies or anything in general since he will be on our care?

I think issues regarding the work question would fall under the “anything in general” part. I believe the op was simply wanting whatever advice she can get regarding the situation where the kid is staying with her.

But if you’re comfortable giving half an answer and don’t like to consider sometimes unasked but implied questions, that’s ok to.

justalayman

I like the part of you being quite sure about what the dad knows. I guess you figured that out over dinner last night

How could you possibly know anything about the father? Good God woman.

HRZ

Not clear about nature of work or who is employer ...but in addition to points above, there are some state specific requirements as to employment of minors at various tasks ...and in general, if he is your employee you best also be covered for WC ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">